Monday, January 12, 2015

Reach Out and Touch It!

Photo Challenge #6 from JABlogspot
For this week's challenge I'd like to try out textures. Most photo programs come with a few built in textures to make a picture more interesting or for unusual effects. Photoshop Elements has some hidden in the artistic filters like canvas, sandstone, and burlap. These add a tactile (at least it looks like it does) element to an otherwise flat photo. I'm interested to see what type of photo will benefit from this treatment. For extra credit take your own texture picture and use that instead of the built-ins: brick wall, textured stone, rusty metal, etc.


I've been in a bit of a time crunch and so I didn't get the chance to attack this challenge the way I'd hoped to but I did find some very interesting filters in Photoshop Elements to test with my moonshot photo.

My starting point
Extrude Effect

Flair Effect

Stained Glass Effect

Swirl Effect


2 comments:

  1. Very cool, I need to try some of these too! I'm amazed at how much is available under the hood of photo editing programs.

    ReplyDelete