Saturday, December 6, 2014

Color Out


Over the past year my wife and I have been participating in a weekly photo blogging challenge hosted by Erin at http://treasures-found.blogspot.com 

The premise of 30 Words Thursday is simply to post a picture and describe it in 30 words; no more, no less.

This week one of the bloggers who frequently post to the 30 Words challenge ( http://jackofallbrews.blogspot.com/ ) issued his own challenge so that he could have the opportunity to grow in his knowledge of photo editing.  I decided I'm going along for the ride.

Photo  Challenge 1) Black & White
Starting out simple:  take three color photos and change them to black and white format. Ideally these will have a different tone or impact when changed to black and white.  Other photoshop effects are allowed but the  biggest change should be the removal of color. Show the before and after pics for comparison.


Photo taken with a Canon Rebel T1i, edited with Picasa tools

I chose this photo because of the extreme color in the original.
I like the contrast created in the B&W.

Photo taken with a Kodak Easyshare M753 early in the morning on landscape setting.

I chose this photo because it is one of my all time favorites.
I like the way the sky became really bright in the B&W.

Photo taken with a Canon Rebel T4i

I chose this photo because it's a reenactment
of the Boston Tea Party
I like the way the B&W take us back in time.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining up! Who knows how many others will play along, but it is more fun for me seeing what other people do. I've loved that first color riot race picture since I first saw it, so this is a crazy conversion--but it works! The farm field picture really works for me on both settings.

    ReplyDelete