Sunday, December 21, 2014

Still Life Challange

Challenge #3 - Still Life!  
Hosted by http://jackofallbrews.blogspot.com/

This one is a photo taking challenge, but one that can be done indoors.  The idea:  take common objects from your home and do a classic still life portrait.  Looking at old paintings of fruit and flowers, this has been an age-old technique for practicing your lighting techniques in controlled circumstances.

I have to admit I'm not a real big fan of still life but this challenge gave me an opportunity to see some dramatic changes simply by changing my angle on  the subject and also a little room to play with some depth of field.




I took this picture first and liked it.
Photo taken straight on with a window to my left.
1/60s, f/4.0, ISO 2500, focal length 39mm

 I took this one second and was amazed at how a 
slight angle shift made such a dramatic change.
Photo taken from an 45° angle with the same window lighting.
1/60s, f/4.0, ISO400, focal length 42mm

 I like being able to create a soft focus using
aperture settings to change the depth of field.
1/80s, f/5.0, ISO 6400, Focal Length 65mm

 Had to include one of my favorite ornaments!!
Go Chiefs!
1/80s, f/4.0, ISO 5000, Focal Length 42mm

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Now that I see your before and after shots I feel like I should have done that!

    ReplyDelete